Chapter 1 Weekly Goals
Weekly goals are the learning objectives for each Section & Chapter. Create a Google Doc by coping and pasting the questions. Answer the questions on the doc. Title the document: Chapter 2 Goals. You may see these exact questions again on your test. It is to your benefit to complete these questions.
Goals for the Week of 9/21-9/25
By Friday 9/25, I can.......
1. Define Matter and give an example of matter vs. non matter.
2. Explain the 3 parts that make up particles.
3. Contrast atoms vs. molecules.
4. Classify matter and give an example of each.
5. Identify the parts of a substance, explain, and give examples of each.
6. Define a mixture.
7. Explain the 2 types of mixtures.
8. Compare and contrast a solute from a solvent.
Goals for the Week of 9/28- 10/2
By Friday 10/2, I can.....
1. Explain where the 3 particles are located in an atom.
2. Explain how atoms differ from one another.
3. Describe the atomic number. What it does? What it tells about element?
4. Identify the parts of an Element Tile on the Periodic Table.
5. Describe an isotope.
6. Explain the types of ions and their charges.
7. Calculate the atomic number.
8. Calculate the atomic mass.
9. Calculate the number of neutrons in an element.